When you live in a city that’s as dense as Hong Kong, personal space is the greatest luxury of all. Doubly so if you’re fortunate enough to have your own private hideaway, tucked up and away from the bustle of urban living.
In partnership with local developer China Overseas Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Limited (COMEL), Akvo Spiralift recently completed a project that raises the bar for multi-use residential spaces. Perched on a mountain slope with sprawling views of the city, this real estate development features five detached homes built side by side.
Each property is outfitted with an abundance of floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing natural light to pour in from every angle. Inside, COMEL designed each unit with hand-selected finishes and state-of-the-art technology that meet the highest possible standards for modern luxury.
Making the most of a space
As the 8th most densely populated city in the world, it goes without saying that every square foot of a home in Hong Kong should be optimized. So why shouldn’t the same be true for outdoor areas?
One of the five homes in this development has a pool outfitted with an Akvo movable floor, transforming it from a single-purpose amenity into a multi-use entertainment space. When the floor is lowered, the homeowner and their guests can enjoy a dip with a view; when the floor is raised to be flush with the rest of the patio, it becomes an extension of the outdoor lounging and dining area.
The floor itself is finished in composite wood decking to suit the landscape architect’s vision, while seamlessly blending into the overall aesthetic.
Beyond its space-saving benefits, the technology’s “wow” factor provides fabulous added value for the developers. COMEL felt that this unique offering would differentiate the project from other high-end developments in the area and ultimately entice prospective buyers to make this urban oasis their home.
Movable Pool Floor – Private Residence in Hong Kong
* Shape and Size: Rectangular, 26 ft (8 m) x 15 ft (4.5 m)
* Total Floor Area: 370 sq. ft (34 sq. m)
* Usable water depth: 51 in (1.3 m)
* Travel distance: 51 in (1.3 m)
* Speed: 4 in/min (100 mm/min)
* Capacity: 50 lb/sq. ft (250 kg/sq. m)
* Type: Overflow
* Finish: Composite Wood Decking
* Special Features: Hybrid Drive System (Submersible Motors)
* Number of Spiralift units: 6 x IL150
AKVO SPIRALIFT® FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE SOLUTIONS
* Maximum safety – closes the pool when not in use
* Water depth on demand – allows for a wide range of aquatic activities
* Superior design – a load capacity that meets local standards & a fully hidden drive mechanism
* Eco-friendly solution – minimizes evaporation and heat loss from the pool when not in use
* Reduce cleaning time – protects pool from harsh weather and debris